KENNEDY SPACE CENTER (FL), August 2, 2021 – The 10th International Space Station Research and Development Conference (ISSRDC) kicks off tomorrow and will be held virtually August 3-5. This annual event brings together researchers, engineers, entrepreneurs, investors, and the general public to discuss the benefits of space-based research and technology development on the orbiting platform. This year’s event is expected to include luminary speakers in policy and science, such as:
- NASA Administrator Bill Nelson
- National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins
- Under Secretary of the Smithsonian Institute Ellen Stofan
- NASA International Space Station (ISS) Program Manager Joel Montalbano
- NASA astronaut Kate Rubins
- NASA astronaut Serena Auñón-Chancellor
- Emmy-nominated science TV host Emily Calandrelli
Sessions will focus on integral topics to the space station research community, including:
- ISS research and development
- Future of ISS research
- Industry partner spotlights
- Tissue engineering
- In-space production applications
- Student research
- Space investment
How to attend ISSRDC:
ISSRDC 2021 is free to attend, although registration is required. To view the agenda and register for this free virtual event, go to www.issconference.org. As registrants for the conference, media will have the ability to ask questions to panelists during sessions.
For questions or inquiries for researchers and session panelists, please contact Patrick O’Neill at PONeill@ISSNationalLab.org.
We look forward to seeing you at this annual showcase of space-based research and technology development!